Sunday, October 17, 2010

My top 25 poll

I don't have a vote for the top 25 in college football, but if I did, here is what it would be:

1.  Boise State-I hate the argument that someone isn't number one because of their schedule.  The Broncos look awesome and could have easily hung triple digits on the Spartans last night.

2.  Oregon-very explosive offense, but I absolutely refuse to move a team to the number one spot when they are on a bye week.  Sorry Oregon, just bad timing.

3.  Oklahoma-remember in week one, when Utah State gave these guys all they could handle?  Yep, me neither.  Oklahoma gets better and better each week.  I said in an earlier blog post that they shouldn't be taken seriously.  I was wrong. 

4.  TCU-the frogs just don't seem as good to me this year as they were last year.  But, they do have Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley, and Tank Carder.  Did you see Carder intercept Jake Heaps yesterday?  That was sweet.

5.  Auburn-halfway through the season, they look like the class of the SEC, and that generally means a trip to the national title game.

6.  Alabama-stumbled against South Carolina last week, but if they can stay unbeaten and win the SEC championship, they are probably right back in the title game.  Health of Julio Jones is a big concern.

7.  Michigan State-I didn't think there was a team that could what Michigan State did to Michigan, but I was wrong.  The Spartans look solid all around.

8.  Utah-still waiting to actually play someone good.  Utes looked bored and out of synch at times against Wyoming.  Showdown with TCU in three weeks should be awesome.

9.  Wisconsin-that was a straight up beat down of Ohio State.  The badgers are a force to be reckoned with in the Big 10.  Hard to stop that bruising running attack combined with efficient QB play.

10.  Nebraska-yeah, they lost to Texas.  Yeah, Texas isn't very good.  But Nebraska has been awesome and could give the Sooners a run for that Conference championship, assuming the two teams meet up then.

11.  Stanford-They have Luck on their side (cue bad joke drums)

12. Iowa-outside of hiccup against Arizona, they have been playing very well.  Showdown with Wisconsin looms on Saturday.

13.  Florida State-I have them considerably higher than most, but they have been awesome.  They have been on fire since a setback to Oklahoma.  Hard to see them losing in a very weak ACC.

14. Arizona-hard to know what to make of the Wildcats.  Should be fun to watch them play the hot and cold Washington Huskies on saturday.

15.  Ohio State-yes, I had them plummet.  They did not deserve to be number one ever and Wisconisn exposed them for the frauds they are.  Hopefully, Michigan State beats them and they can be out of the BCS picture completely. 

16.  South Carolina-I hope Steve Spurrier enjoyed his moment in the sun again, because that loss to Kentucky was a choke job, straight up.  It will be interesting to see how they respond.  Still, this team showed against 'Bama that they are for real.

17.  Missouri-it looks like the post-Chase Daniel era has begun.  Tigers are getting better and better.  Could challenge in Big-12 north at this rate.

18.  Oklahoma State-still not sold on Mike Gundy's team.  Yes, I know that Gundy is a man, and I know he's forty (three, now).  So, Im coming after him.  It's just that I have seen this episode before, and it doesn't end well for the Cowboys.

19.  Arkansas-this is still a very good team.  We don't know how serious the injury to Ryan Mallet is, but if he is able to come back, Arkansas could surprise some people.

20.  LSU-the "experts" have this team at 6, and it boggles my mind as to why.  This team has needed last second miracles to beat Florida and Tennessee this year, who are not very good teams.  Last night, McNesse State played them tough.  That is the closest 22 point win I have ever seen, not impressed at all.  If they lose one game, they are out of my poll forever.

21.  you know what, never mind, there is no one else who is worthy of being a top 25 team in my mind.  No one.  So my top 25 ends with 20 teams.  Thats right Texas, West Virginia, Mississippi St., and Miami, your names may fool the "experts" but they don't fool me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment