Wednesday, November 2, 2011

KSL's "The Browser" a welcome addition to station lineup.

During the summer of 2010, it was announced that KSL would be severing ties with Sean Hannity.  His contract with them was due to expire and they were not going to pick up his show. 

I was very excited to hear about this.  I used to listen to Hannity a lot, but he grew cold on me.  I don't know, I guess that I just don't like people who blame all of life's problems on one thing and refuse to see anything else.  He blames Obama for every little inconvenience, and while I'm not an Obama fan by any means, it just gets old to hear the same thing day after day.

So I was excited to see what KSL would come up with to replace Sean.

In early October, the station rolled out "The Browser". 

The show is hosted by Jay McFarland and Amy Iverson.  I was hooked after the first segment of the first show.  The show talks about the latest news from around the internet, and it can literally be anything.  Jay and Amy always find the most interesting things and they treat the show like they are having a conversation in their living room. 

Contrast this with Hannity's yelling and temper tantrums and it is easy to see why KSL made the change. 

The Browser has now been going strong for over a year, and it just keeps getting better. 

From the latest technology, to the latest viral videos online, Jay and Amy are always talking about something that is interesting.  And they never dwell on one topic.  They cover it for a while, then they tell you where to go if you want to find more info, then they move on.  And when something is particularly interesting (a new app or a viral video), they will bring the creator onto the show to get their story. 

While they do not take calls (i dont think I have ever heard them take one anyway), they are all about audience participation.  If you text in, they are likely to read your text if it is good.  They really try to keep the listener entertained.

I applaud KSL for two good moves.  Number one, they dumped Hannity.  Two, they brought in a quality show to bolster their already solid lineup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment